Your website is an important part of your brand identity. More and more businesses rely solely on their online presence and for many customers, it’s the first thing they see of your brand. If you want to make a good impression online, read on to discover the 2 main points you should focus on when branding your website.
Why branding your website is important?
One word: recognition! Presenting your brand in a consistent manner on all channels gives your audience the opportunity to get to know your brand and what it stands for. Repetition is key to being memorable. Read more about this topic: Why brand consistency matters
Before you start
In order to create a website that reflects your brand, you have to know what your brand is about. Your website can’t and shouldn’t be the first step. Building a solid brand + creating a visual identity has to come before. Only when you know exactly what your brand stands for, you can tell others about it.
2 main parts of branding your website
To represent your brand online in the best way possible you should focus your attention on the two points which are the most effective in order to engage your ideal audience and reflecting the uniqueness of your brand. These are design and voice and they go hand in hand.
Your brand voice is about what you say and how you say it. Even if you don’t write long blog posts on your website, your brand voice matters and can work for you in many ways:
- Helps you to communicate your values and purpose in an authentic way
- Sets your brand apart by making it unique
- Attracts your ideal audience
- Builds trust through consistent communication
Colors, typefaces, and images communicate your brand’s values and purpose too. They underline what you communicate and create emotions often more effectively than words. Your website design can do awesome things for your brand:
- Helps you to get recognized if you use consistent brand design
- Reflects your brand personality and makes you unique
- Tells your brand story through images which are more engaging for your audience
- Guides the user through your website